Earlier this week, I had a very hectic schedule so I did many of my workouts from home. If you’re time crunched, money strapped, or just need an efficient lower body workout, then this is the workout for you!
These exercises can be done with just your body weight or you can use a BOSU ball, stability ball, TRX bands, medicine ball or ab wheel like I used.
Warm Up: 50 Mountain Climbers
- (25 ea. leg) Walking Lunges with Trunk Rotation- Can use weighted medicine ball. Make sure to keep knee directly over your ankle.
- (25) BOSU Squats- Beginner modification just use bodyweight. Advanced-turn BOSU over so you are standing on the flat part of the BOSU and ball part is on the floor.
- (25) Hamstring Curls on stability Ball- Lie on your back. Feet on the ball, toes pointed to ceiling, lift hips up in bridge. Keeping core tight, use your heels to draw ball towards your butt while still in bridge.
- (25) Ab Rollouts with ab wheel. Can also be performed using stability ball.
- (25) Jump Squats. Beginner modification: Just squat with bodyweight remembering to push butt back like you are sitting in a chair. Keep your knees directly in line with ankles. Advanced: Use TRX Bands.
- (15) Burpees
- (25) Mountain Climbers
- (45 Sec.) Wall Sits. Keep back flat against wall by tucking in pelvis. Get low like you are in chair. Intermediate/Advanced: Add weight to your thighs.
- Run Tall Flight of Stairs- 10 times. If you have small flight of stairs, run 20 times.
Rest 1 minute after circuit.
Repeat circuit 1-2 more times.