HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Some of you may or may not have someone to call your valentine but you do have a body that will always love you and you should ALWAYS love back. So, in honor of our bodies and Valentine’s Day, I have designed the Valentine’s Day LOVE YOUR BOOTY workout because who doesn’t love a heart-shaped behind :)?
Each Exercise will be 30 seconds work and 10 seconds rest between. So set a timer. I use my Gymboss interval timer . Do the whole routine 3 times. If you are just starting out, rest between each round. If you need a challenge, add some plyometrics or weights into the squats and lunges.
LOVE YOUR BOOTY
Work: 30 Sec. Rest: 10 Sec. 3 ROUNDS
30 Sec Walking Lunges
30 Sec Jumping Jacks
- Stationary/Plyo Squat:It is important as you squat down to keep your knees over your ankles and push your butt back as if you are sitting in a chair. If you are doing a jump squat, the power comes from when you are low in the squat position and you push your body straight up. Land softly and completely on your feet.
- Burpees (Any variety: Half, Full, Plyo): Scott Herman Fitness has a great YouTube video explaining how to:burpee.
- Reverse Lunges: Again, maintain alignment with your knee directly over your ankle: do NOT lean forward. Hips should be squared, facing forward. Head and eyes should be looking forward finding a focal point to focus on.
- Mountain Climbers (Can perform slowly or fast): Keep your shoulders/elbows in line over your wrists. Squeeze your shoulder blades back and together. Keep your head and neck in alignment with your spine. Core stays tight through it all as if you were in a plank position.
- Walking Side Squats: Stay low with your knees facing forward. Back, neck and head are in alignment. Step out to one side. Bring your other leg in, and step out again (“walk across the floor”). The lower you go and remain the more of a burn you will feel in your outer working glute.
- Wall Sits: Put your back against the wall, and lower your body down until you are in squat position (you are the chair this time). Keep your hands at your sides. Add difficulty by placing a weight or a heavy item on your thighs. You can play around with your foot placement and you will feel it in different parts of your glutes. Start with feet hip width apart.
REMEMBER: HYDRATE throughout and STRETCH!
Hope you enjoy this workout as much as your booty will!!