Welcome to my blog where I wanted to have a place to share my thoughts on all things fitness, nutrition, and wellness related. I have always had a passion to live a healthy lifestyle ever since I was a child. As a kid, I was into all sorts of sports but I lived (AND EXERCISED) to eat. I DID NOT eat to live. It wasn’t until I was in college where I truly began to see how my nutrition affected my sports performance, health ( I have severe allergies) and emotional well being. Since then, I have embraced a whole(listic) approach to living a healthy life.
As a Microbiologist/Science Geek, I love to analyze EVERYTHING, so I became my own science experiment. I began by researching different exercise routines, nutritional content of all the foods I was eating, and the latest “super foods”/exercise fads. Over the decades (and several career changes later), I have used my “knowledge” and my passion to “help” influence my family and friends into a healthier, mostly organic (and fun) lifestyle.
Since I like lists, I thought I would create an “All About Marci” list to get a little glimpse of who I am:
- Mother of 2: Daughter and Son
- Early Bird: The sunrise makes me smile
- Favorite Workout: High Intensity Weight Training
- Live in Central TX but plan on moving to the Colorado mountains
- Love the SNOW! Dislike the heat!
- Love Organization and Structure. Dislike RULES
- Bubble Family: Husband has WEIRD food allergies (turkey, chicken, egg yolk), daughter is lactose intolerant and we both are gluten sensitive.
I look forward to sharing my thoughts on what it means to me to live a fun, healthy, fulfilling life. I hope you enjoy this fabulous journey with me!